Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Life Choices


In J.D.'s line of work, he sees bad and sad life choices over and over again. Like the 28 year old girl with Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, full blown AIDS, Chlamydia, but ironically, she called for an ambulance because her lip Herpes sore was bothering her. Or the guy that had been shot ten times throughout his lifetime. Or the 14 year old having a baby that didn't know what it meant when asked if her water had broken. One day J.D. picked up a girl that was 21 years old complaining of stomach pain. She'd had an IUD in for two years but already had four babies. That's four babies by the age of 19...

Sometimes I look at my life and wonder how I got here. I look back and think, wow, that was a dumb decision, or wow, I messed that up but good. However, at the end of the day, I have a law degree, work for a fortune 50 company, have a horse and I'm married to my love.


Gratitude: Today, I'm grateful that my poor decisions have led me to where I am. May they continue.

Quote: "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"-Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment