Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Independence


    My husband, J.D., was called out to a girl (20 something) who had fallen into a hole in a popular section 8 apartment complex. When he and his partner arrived, they discovered that the patient had stepped down into a hole with one leg, but only up to her knee. J.D. reached into the hole and was able to move his arm around her leg and evaulate that nothing was broken/sprained/injured. But this girl was incapable of pulling the bottom part of one leg out of the hole and she was too overweight for J.D. and his partner to pull out by themselves. It took my husband and four firefighters to remove this girl's lower leg from the hole. When I asked "why didn't she just lean over and draw her leg out?", my husband shrugged helplessly. Think about that, there are people out there incapable of pulling their own leg out of a hole...

   Somehow, I ended up in law school. The hows and why fors still baffle me. It was miserable and every stereotype you've ever heard about the institution. Basically, law school was a financial, emotional, and mental hole. But I was bound and determined to make it through so that one day I could buy a horse.

This is my view most afternoons:





Gratitude: I'm grateful that I was born a motivated, independent person.

Quote: "It has long since come to my attention that people of accomplishments rarely sit back and let things happen to them. They go out and happen to things"-Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment